Friday, October 1, 2010

C4K Summary Post Comments 1 & 2

During the first comments for kids assignment I was paired with a 13 year old student named David. I first read his "About me" post. I enjoyed this, I found many things we had in common. He has multiple siblings. He has four brothers and a sister, I have three brothers. He is very close to his family much like I am. He also mentioned he had cats as pets, which I do as well. David also went on to say that he did not enjoy homework and that was one of his weaknesses as being a student. I was impressed that he not only admitted this but recognized his problem and wanted to make changes.
I also read and commented on his learning manifesto. David was very honest in his manifesto. A few of the things he wanted to work on and change from the previous year were; doing his assignments on time, waking up/getting to school on time, paying attention in class and making good grades so he will not be grounded by his parents. I commented and left him some encouraging words. He had set some great goals for himself that were within reason and reachable if he applied himself like he had set out to do. I think judging from David's blog and some of his others posts he is going to have an improved and successful school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment