Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summary Post C4K Comments 3-7

picture from google
Doing C4K three through seven I came across some very creative students! They were from all over the place and each had their own blogging style. NaomiG for example wrote a blog assignment about vampires. She had people in her life as the character and created this story on her own. The story had me interested from start to finish. At the end she put in a little twist and brought herself into the story by waking up from a dream when it was time for school. It was creative and cute! Naomi's blog os a prime of example of how student blogging can increase their writing skills and allow them to be creative. I also commented on a student named Aaron's blog. In his post he wrote about how his parent-teacher meeting did not go very well. He seemed a little bummed about it and wrote about things his teacher probably told his parents. In his blog he wrote how he was artistic, noisy and didn't always follow instructions. He also said he didn't want to go into detail on why he knew his teacher would be telling his parents these things. I thought that was kind of funny coming from a sixth grader! I also commented on Allison's blog who was a huge harry potter fan and had her blog decorated. I was impressed with the students blog that I was assigned to, some of them had uploaded videos, put music on their page and pictures to go along with their blogs. Student blogging is clearly very beneficial in many ways. I plan to have my students create and run blogs when I have a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment