Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Comment for Teachers Summary # 1

The Were-Nana Podcast
I was assigned to a teacher named Dorothy Burt who is from New Zealand. She is working on something called the Maniakalani Project. The first blog of hers I commented on was about internet use and the many advantages in school systems. I commented that while I was in grade school I did not often have access to internet and still am not exactly computer savvy. I also agreed with her that today's world is very technologically advanced and students should be exposed to computers and internet very early on.

When Ms. Burt wrote back she commented that she had found it interesting about my lack of internet use in my schools. She also said that she was interested not only with my lack of internet use but with my love for reading. I wondered if children today love to read as much as when I was in grade school or even before then? She then sent me a link to a student podcast blog site to show me how these students are using the internet and turning them into bookworms! I watched the podcast created by two girls Selina and Brooke. The podcast was based off of a book called, "The Were-Nana." The video was very creative and they looked like they were having fun with it. I can imagine I would have loved to read then create a podcast if I had that option when I was younger. The most amazing part however, was that the actual author of the book commented on their podcast!! I thought this was so neat, goes to show me, once again how the internet can do amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment